Tuesday, March 30, 2010

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid. Sort of the motto I’m trying to live by these days. Somewhere along my path down Healthy Enlightenment Labor of Love (HELL for short) I stopped drinking beer. I never really intended for this to happen, but I don’t really regret it happening either. For about 2 or 3 months before swinging on this Discouraging Insipid Exercise-al Trapeze (or DIET) beer and my stomach stopped getting along. Particularly draft beer. So it just has not really been a pity party, and my fat tire does not miss Fat Tire. (I always felt weird in bars asking for a Fat Tire when I already had one.)


I’m just keeping my beverage intake simple: black coffee, water, gin & tonic, and red wine. That’s it-easy. That’s the list. I feel that these options are better for me than other beverages. Much better than, “Hey, they just came out with Mountain Dew in three new unnatural colors. I must try them all!” Perhaps I should instead drink a cup of bleach mixed with a pound of sugar. Because let’s face it these look like liquids you’d use to wash dishes.

I'm not judging. Just stating what's good for me, and what I feel I need to do. I’m a Newly Fat Guy and I weigh 244 lbs. "I can lose weight, but you’ll be washing your dishes with Mountain Dew."

No comments:

Post a Comment